jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2008

Future (Will)

  • A continuación será presentada la tercera unidad del curso creado por para alumnos de tercero medio, el cual se basa en los contenidos exigidos por el ministerio de esducación.


    Future I Simple will




    Will future expresses a spontaneous decision, an assumption with regard to the future or an action in the future that cannot be influenced.




    Form of will Future





    Use of will Future

    A spontaneous decision.

    Example: Wait, I will help you.

    An opinion, hope, uncertainty or assumption regarding the future

    Example: He will probably come back tomorrow.

    A promise

    Example: I will not watch TV tonight.

    An action in the future that cannot be influenced

    Example: It will rain tomorrow.

    Conditional clauses type I

    Example: If I arrive late, I will call you.


    Signal Words

    In a year, next …, tomorrow
    Vermutung: I think, probably, we might …, perhaps


    Exercise on Future I Simple (will)


    Write positive sentences in will Future.


    1.We___________ (help) you.
    2. I___________ (get) you a drink.
    3. I think our team___________ (win) the match.
    4. Maybe she___________ (do) a language course in Malta.
    5. I___________ (buy) the tickets.
    6. Perhaps she___________ (do) this for you.
    7. Maybe we___________ (stay) at home.
    8. She hopes that he___________ (cook) dinner tonight.
    9. I’m sure they___________ (understand) your problem.
    10. They__________ (go / probably) to the party.



    Write negative sentences in will future.


    1. (I / answer / the question)
    2. (she / read / the book)
    3. (they / drink / beer)
    4. (we / send / the postcard)
    5. (Vanessa / catch / the ball)
    6. (James / open / the door)
    7. (we / listen / to the radio)
    8. (they / eat / fish)
    9. (she / give / him / the apple) (the computer / crash)


    Write questions in will future.


    1. (you / ask / him)
    2. (Jenny / lock / the door)
    3. (it / rain)
    4. (the teacher / test / our English)
    5. (what / they / eat)
    6. (when / she / be / back)
    7. (who / drive / us / into town)
    8. (where / we / meet)
    9. (when / I / be / famous)
    10. (what / you / do)


    TEST


    Name:

    Item I. Put the verbs into the correct form (future I simple). Use will.

    1. You (earn)___________a lot of money.
    2. You (travel)___________around the world.
    3. You (meet) ___________lots of interesting people.
    4. Everybody (adore) ___________you.
    5. You (not / have)___________any problems.
    6. Many people (serve) ____________me.
    7. They (anticipate)___________his wishes.
    8. There (not / be)___________anything left to wish for.
    9. Everything (be)___________perfect.
    10. But all these things (happen / only)_____________if you marry me.
    11. He (to drop)____________ the bottle of water.
    12. I think you (to get)___________this job.

    Item II. Answer the following questions.

    Will you go to the cinema next Sunday?


    Will you play the guitar?


    Will you go to the beach next summer?


    Will you in your house tomorrow?


    Item III. Choose the correct answer.

    1. What will you do next year? I finished school.I will finish school.

    2. Where will you go on you holidays? I will go to Berlin.He will go to Berlin.

    3. Will Steven buy a new house next year? No, he won't.No, he didn't.

    4. Will you go the party? Yes, we will.Yes, she will.

    Item IV. Translate.

    1. Yo viajaré a París el próximo verano.
    2. Ella cantará en el concierto la próxima semana.
    3. El no irá al partido la próxima semana.
    4. Ellos no comerán en casa esta noche.Nosotros jugaremos videojuegos el próximo mes.

Webgrafía

http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/future-1-will

0 comentarios: